A Letter From University of the Pacific President Pamela Eibeck
Welcome to the fall 2016 semester. This new beginning signals a time of opportunity for each of you to become a great thinker, a global citizen and an ethical leader.
Whether you are a new or returning student, you will soon realize that you will receive a transformative education at University of the Pacific. You will gain tools to help you discover yourself, earn your first job out of college, learn throughout your life and lead a life of meaning and purpose.
It will be our job to help you get there. Pacific offers a variety of services to support students—from academic counseling and tutoring to our Career Resource Center, our Multicultural Center, health and wellness programs and much more. Our faculty and staff are invested in your success. Reach out to them for guidance, mentorship and advice.
We have a bright and bold vision to become the leading university in California and sound strategies to get there. Our roadmap is Pacific 2020, our strategic plan that has five priorities for the coming year:
- To become one university with three campuses in important markets
- To enhance enrollments and student success
- To build our reputation through academic quality
- To support faculty and staff development and engagement
- To embrace our fundraising campaign
Each of these pathways will help us fulfill our mission: making a difference in the lives of our students and in the world around us. We are here to help you build the life you want. Great successes and probably a few hurdles lay ahead of you. Like the pioneers who came 165 years before us to envision this great university, I encourage you to be bold dreamers, meet risk head on and innovate when the going gets rough.
Most of all, enjoy your time here.
Pamela A. Eibeck
Latest posts by Pam Eibeck (see all)
- A Letter From University of the Pacific President Pamela Eibeck - September 8, 2016
- letter from THE PRESIDENT - May 21, 2016
- A letter from the President - October 22, 2015